These cookies are the perfect sweet treat to munch on while putting up your tree this weekend. I bought the star cookie cutters from the Helen James line in Dunnes Stores for €3 to give these biscuits an extra festive feel. All of the ingredients can also be found in Dunnes so no need to head off on a wild goose chase. Enjoy!
2/3 cup of coconut oil (warm is slightly so it's liquid consistency)
1 1/2cups of raw cane sugar
1 large egg
4 tbsp of molasses
2 cups of plain flour (gluten free if you wish)
2 tsps baking powder
1 1/4 tsps ground cinnamon
1 1/4 tsps ground ginger
1/4 tsp salt
1. Preheat the oven to 180'C.
2. Set aside 1/2 a cup of the sugar in a separate bowl. Mix the remainder with the coconut oil until combined and then beat in the egg.
3. Add the rest of the dry ingredients sifting in the flour and stir until combined.
4. Roll your dough into 1inch balls and then roll each ball in the remaining sugar you set aside earlier. Place 2 inches apart on an untreated baking tray, do not flatten.
5. Bake the cookies for 10-12 mins until set but still soft to touch. Its at this stage I use the cutters as you'll get a clean shape. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.